Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

July 20, 2015

Weekend Changes

Big weekend for changes!

I decided it was time to get my hair cut.  I've been trying to deal with my hair growing out of the shave I got for my surgery back in October.  It has grown significantly, but it is to the point where I can't do much of anything with the shorter hair underneath.  I find my hair gets too warm, so I have a tendency to wear it up off my neck. This means that the underside usually doesn't fit into the pony tail or braid.  Worn down, my hair just looked overly long and messy.

Braided
Down and loose
back with hair down














I ended up taking more than 10 inches off my hair in the long run.  I really had to push the hair stylist to cut it though.  It seemed like she was almost afraid to take off the length I was asking for!

The end result is a layered cut that falls to my chin.  I added a colour boost on Sunday, thought it is barely noticeable until I get out into the sunlight. To add to the changes, I just received a call that my new glasses are ready to be picked up! I can't wait! Looking forward to being able to see without having to struggle, and not having to take my glasses off and on depending on what I'm trying to look at.

Added benefit to the cut, less weight tugging against my scalp however it hasn't made a major difference to the headaches which I was hoping for.

new cut
Red!
Noticeable in the sun