Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

July 27, 2015

Family, Cakes and Dentist...

Added 2 new cakes to the Piece of Cake page. (Recent cakes are added to the bottom of the page..)

Both of my sisters ended up with late cakes this year. Mandee got a giant carrot cake cupcake with butter cream icing for her 26th, and Tara got a butter pecan with cream cheese layer cake, decorated with the character symbol for Sailor Mercury from the anime series Sailor Moon for her 27th.


Rachel is growing up way too fast! She lost her first tooth this weekend.  It's been loose since the early part of June so it took a while.  She's of course thrilled that the tooth fairy visited!


Rachel lost her first tooth this weekend


Danyael (pronounced Daniel)

Catelynn loves the new doll house!
Speaking of kids growing up fast!  We went to London ON on Saturday with my mother and youngest sister to see Tara and her little ones.  Danyael is almost 6 months and has grown up so much already! Catelynn is 2 and a  half and had a great time playing with her cousin Rachel with a little people doll house Rachel has outgrown.

Rachel with Catelynn.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow which I am not looking forward to it at all! I've always had issues with dental stuff, but I don't have much choice anymore.  Three teeth have cracked and broken due to the prednisone and my rheumatologist wants to start me on a bone builder. Before he will prescribe the medication, I have to be cleared by the dentist that no extractions or dental surgery is required.  I've been taking vitamin D with the prednisone and Imuran, but I guess it's not enough and my teeth are being affected by insufficient calcium absorption.