Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

May 31, 2017

Another Year Gone!

Celebrated my birthday Monday! Started out the day with a visit to the Neuro-Opthamologist. Good news there, things are still stable so can't complain! Saw the Rheumatologist a week ago and he's happy with my progress. As far as he's concerned, the pachymeningitis has been in remission for 5 years, and it's time to come off the Prednisone and Imuran! YAY!

Started with the Prednisone. Get that demon stuff gone! Hopefully, once my system adjusts to no longer being on the steroid, I can have a little more success on the weight loss side of things once again.

Next appointment comes up shortly. Back in to see the neurologist. Still haven't had much success with getting off the OTC meds for pain management. Of course, with the crazy weather systems we've had going on this year, the pressure from the storms going over has played havoc with my head. I think we are going to have to adjust my Topiramate once again. Will see what happens once I see her.

Came across a great article today. Some "spoonie hacks" to help chronic pain sufferers cope. Click on the image to open the page in a new window.



If you're not familiar with the term "spoonie" then The Spoon Theory might be a good place to start!


In other news, Rachel has her first horse show this weekend! She's come a long way since her first lesson and I can't believe she's going to be entering the arena in a full out competition! She looks so cute in her show attire though!

Rachel dressed for Show


Bareback on Patch