Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

May 04, 2016

A year since last hospital stay

Hard to believe that it's been a year since I was last hospitalized for any length of time.  During that last stay, the doctor attempted to tie off my shunt on the left side to reduce the amount of CFS draining from my head.  The attempt missed and the incision was closed off and tubing tied higher up on my neck. This didn't last long, by June I had the tubing reopened once again as my pressure was climbing too quickly.

On the right, I have posted a picture of how the incision looks today.  I still experience some tightness and numbness in the area, but over all I think it has healed better than I originally thought it would. 


May 2015
May 2016