Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

June 29, 2015

Glasses

Had the fun of picking out new frames for my glasses on Saturday.  Not an easy task to accomplish when visual field issues mean looking in the mirror doesn't give the full visual picture. Found the best way to determine the ones I liked best was to take a picture then compare them.

Option 2 was a popular look with my friends and family but ended up with the final choice that I did due to price and Robert's contributing comments.  I've had the smaller frame style for at least the past 5 years, seems odd to be going back to a larger frame but it does give a little more room for the progressive lenses which I think will be easier in the long run.


Current Frames
Option 1



Final choice


Option 2


Found this article to be interesting, so figured a little reading to go with the new glasses :) Chronic Pain and Relationships